St. John's Church Dömitz
St. John's Church was built from 1869 to 1872 as a neo-Gothic church with a cruciform tent roof. It was consecrated in 1872 by the Mecklenburg Grand Duke Friedrich Franz II. The total length is 39 meters, the tower with the north-west entrance is 50 meters high. The interior and exterior design was based on plans by the Schwerin architect Oppermann. The painting of the nave has remained unchanged since 1872. The furnishings still include an organ built by master organ builder Runge from Hanover. From the church tower one has a good view of the surroundings.