The cemetery is located at the western outskirts of Malchow and is today a protected monument.
Directly next to the municipal cemetery is the Jewish burial ground, which today houses only four graves. Due to two desecrations of graves between 1920 and 1940, a large part of the formerly 600 m2 large facility was destroyed.
Jewish cemeteries were usually built outside of towns and near barn quarters, marked on maps by an L. The cemetery was probably established around 1800 at the time of the settlement of the first Schutzjuden. After the Jewish community was expropriated during the Second World War, the Malchow municipality bought its cemetery in 1944 and made several attempts to renew the area. Even after 1988, when the city erected a plaque decorated with palm branches and a Star of David, neglect again reigned on the grounds. It was not until 1996 that the cemetery received a makeover and is still maintained by Malchow students today.