The premises are the hub of the cultural life of the island town of Malchow.
Today's "Werleburg" was opened in 1902 as the hotel "Fürst Blücher". It was named after the royal Prussian field marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher Fürst von Wahlstatt (1742-1819), who came from Rostock and who had rendered outstanding services in the fight against the French.
Over the years, the house changed hands several times and was the seat of the Soviet Civil Command for two years from 1945. In 1984, the city acquired the building and began the first renovation works.
On September 26, 1997, the "Werleburg" was reopened in the first construction phase as a house of hospitality. Since 1999, it has been open to all visitors and not only houses the cultural and sports association "Regenbogen", the town library, the branch of the district music school and a restaurant, but also offers space for conferences, seminars, trade fairs and family celebrations in its three function rooms.