The Boizenburg town hall was built in 1708 on the market square. Only one year later it fell victim to a town fire. In 1711 the town hall was rebuilt as a baroque half-timbered house.
Like many other houses and parts of the town church of St. Mary, Boizenburg's town hall, which had just been completed, fell victim to a major town fire in 1709, when more than 150 houses were destroyed by the flames. The engineer Jakob Reutz then redesigned the town center. In order to better meet fire safety requirements, the center was given a chessboard-like layout and at the same time its baroque character. As before, the new town hall was to stand at the center of the market square. Today, the free-standing building is one of the most important examples of baroque half-timbered architecture. The special feature of this two-story half-timbered building is the portico, which extends across the entire front and is supported by wooden columns. The center of the hipped mansard roof is crowned by an open lantern turret, and in the entrance area of the town hall the arcade has been brought forward. The colonnades with the old town scales on the ceiling beams are still a reminder of the former market activities.
As part of the general urban renewal, the town hall was extensively renovated from 1993 to 1996 and restored to its original form of 1711. The strong red of the facade also corresponds to the design of that time.