A stroke of luck for Mecklenburg: Between 2003 and 2007, the St. Laurentius Church in Kalkhorst in Klützer Winkel was restored and now attracts many visitors.
Like many village churches in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, this one is surprisingly large. The church bears the name of the saint to whom it was once dedicated: Laurentius. It looks back on a long history: a church was first mentioned on this site in 1230. The west wall of the porch building is still preserved. The special feature: The tower and with it the original west wall of the church stand at an angle to the axis of the nave. There is only conjecture about the reasons for this construction. The present building dates back to the middle of the 14th century and has a uniform baroque interior with altar, pulpit and organ. In addition, the medieval frescoes with a representation of the Last Judgment are worth seeing.