The church in Heringsdorf belongs to the Lutheran Church.
The church in Heringsdorf owes its construction to the rapidly developing spa tourism on the Island of Usedom in the 19th century. The Waldkirche in Bansin, which was completed in 1939, also owes its creation to spa tourism. The church was built from typical brick according to the plans of Schinkel's student Ludwig Persius. Friedrich Wilhelm IV as well as many citizens of Heringsdorf and wealthy guests from Berlin were among the sponsors of the church construction. The church was consecrated in September 1848 and extended and rebuilt in 1914.