In the years after the war, the Gresenhorst church was built mainly by Gresenhorsts and Catholic resettlers. It is currently not used for church services.
The Catholic parish has existed since 1932. At the beginning of the 1930s, several indebted estates in Mecklenburg were divided into farms and offered for sale by a community of settlers. Catholic families from the Osnabrück area, the Münsterland and from Oldenburg came to the Marlow area.