Contemporary visual and performing arts in the church allow for sensory experiences that can be interpreted, reinterpreted, and celebrated in faith. And, at the same time, they open the space beyond denominational boundaries for dialogues that address contemporary issues.
Welcome to the Buchholz Church. Buchholz church is a brick building of neo-gothic architecture, which was built in 1876 - 1878. On May 1, 1914 the church burned down to the ground. Since even then the state could not provide funds for reconstruction, it was exclusively the farmers and citizens of the surrounding villages who virtually saved the funds and materials for reconstruction from their mouths. In the times of National Socialism and the GDR, hardly any funds were made available for the preservation of houses of worship either, as the institution of the church was hindered rather than supported by the state.Many decades have passed since the consecration of the rebuilt church in 1925. Serious signs of aging made themselves felt. In 1998 and 2000, with the help of the entire church congregation, many donors and committed helpers, a large-scale project succeeded in having the roof and tower re-roofed. This extensive conservation of value was a necessary prerequisite for the further outstanding renovation measures. To solve these tasks, eighteen committed citizens founded the non-profit Förderverein zur Erhaltung der Dorfkirche Buchholz e. V. in November 2003.In 2017, the Protestant church celebrated the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. To mark the occasion, the congregation and the sponsoring association launched the KunstKirche Buchholz project.