Topics at a glance:
Discover the unique nature and culture in an environmentally friendly way on varied themed cycle paths. Cycle in the footsteps of the medieval Hanseatic League, the sophisticated seaside resort architecture or the more than 2000 castles and stately homes. If you don't have your own bike with you, you can rent trekking or mountain bikes on site, also with electric drive if desired.
Thousands of kilometers of hiking trails in MV lead from lake to lake over gentle hills directly to the sea. Dreamlike tours invite you to discover the rustic nature and the silent vastness all year round.
Guest cards - inexpensive travel by public transport
The key to a sustainable all-round experience is the guest card in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. It allows you to use local public transport free of charge or at particularly low prices. Often it also offers admission to the most beautiful sights and information about the tourist highlights of the region.
Take a bus to the Müritz National Park in the morning, stroll along a moorland path, go on a kayak tour across still waters, ride in a carriage through a wildlife park and return by excursion boat. With "MÜRITZ rundum" you are mobile and can discover the region comfortably and environmentally friendly. You can take your bike with you at any time, so there are no limits to your individual day planning.
Take the train to the beach, visit one of Rostock's museums or take a guided tour through the historic Old Town. The RostockCARD is the cultural, adventure and local transport ticket of the Hanseatic city and offers year-round benefits in Rostock and the region.
With the Schwerin-Ticket you can explore the state capital at low cost and without a car. Not only do you get free travel on buses, streetcars and the Pfaffenteich ferry of Schwerin's public transport system, but you also benefit from discounts of up to 100% on the regular admission price.
The Kaiserbäder health resort card and the health resort card from Ückeritz is the ticket for a mobile & multifaceted vacation. Every guest of the Kaiserbäder Ahlbeck, Heringsdorf, Bansin and Ückeritz receives this after paying the spa tax. This offers a variety of benefits and ensures mobility and relaxation in the dreamlike ambience of the island of Usedom. Among other things, the UBB offers free use of the entire regional bus network (except line 271 Wolgast - Greifswald).
- Bus and ship free in southeast Ruegen
Discover the Baltic resorts Sellin, Baabe and Goehren, as well as the municipality Mönchgut, comfortably and environmentally friendly with the offer "Bus free - free mobility with spa card". With the spa card you can use the buses of the VVR all year round free of charge and explore southeast Ruegen without your own car. Holders of the spa card of the four Baltic resorts and the city of Putbus also enjoy free boat and shuttle services between the towns of Sellin, Baabe, Gager, Thiessow and Lauterbach. Two ships and a solar-powered ferry carry guests by sea.
Rail offers for travel in MV
- valid for 1 day throughout MV and on selected routes to Hamburg, Lübeck, Swinoujscie Centrum, Szczecin Główny, Bad Wilsnack
- flexible 1er-2er-3er-4er or 5er ticket
- use of local trains (DB, ODEG, UBB) in MV and all means of transport in the Hamburg transport association (HVV) in the tariff zone Hamburg AB
- Cost: from 22 euros (+3 or 3.50 euros per passenger, depending on weekday and class)
- Up to 3 children (6 - 14 years) travel free of charge (as of February 2021)
- Use of buses and trains between Greifswald and Stralsund, as well as city buses
- Single travelers or mini-groups (5 persons, maximum 2 adults)
- Available as day ticket or monthly ticket
- Cost: Day ticket 22 euros, mini-group day ticket 31 euros, monthly ticket 190 euros (as of February 2021)
Island & Me(e)hr ticket
- Use of trains between Świnoujście Centrum/Peenemünde via Züssow to Stralsund Hbf with DB Regio, ODEG and UBB trains.
- 1 ticket for up to 5 persons
- Available as day ticket or monthly ticket
- Cost: 21 Euro (+4 Euro per passenger) for the day ticket (as of February 2021)
- own children and grandchildren under 15 years travel free of charge
- With regional train and bus between Pasewalk and Szczecin Główny
- Valid for round trip
- Cost: 14 Euro
- Flexible travel between Rostock, Stralsund or Wismar and Berlin
- stopover possible: the ticket is valid for 2 days in each direction
- valid on regional trains RE 2, RE 3 and RE 5 between Berlin and Stralsund, Rostock or Wismar to/from certain departure and destination stations
- Cost: one-way ticket 24.50 euros, round trip 38.50 euros (as of February 2021)
- own children and grandchildren under 15 travel free of charge
200 charging stations for public use are already available in MV. Car-sharing and rental services for electric cars are being created in MV for fuel-free joyrides - starting in June 2021, for example, at the Mobi-Hub at the train station in Anklam, the gateway to the island of Usedom. In addition to electric cars, rail passengers will also be able to rent pedelecs, cargo bikes and bicycle trailers here. Charging options, exchangeable batteries and a tool station round out the offerings. E-vehicles can be charged quickly and conveniently at over 25 charging points on the island of Usedom. The attractive locations of the charging points make it possible to take a walk along the Baltic Sea, visit places of interest or charge at your own host's home.