Our family-friendly Reit- und Bauernerlebnishof Thomsen is located on an old estate. In addition to our main agricultural business, the main focus is horseback riding. The vacation is also ideal for nature lovers, anglers, cyclists, hikers and hunters. The annual crane rest offers a great spectacle of nature.
We welcome you to our child-friendly Reit- & Bauernerlebnishof - far away from stress and hectic! Our farm has exclusive vacation apartments in the newly restored, approx. 100 years old, historic granary. The interior design of all rooms will meet your requirements. With great attention to detail, the character of the granary was integrated into the existing apartments. The vacation apartments are 50 to 85 m² in size, have a living/bedroom, 2 to 3 bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom (shower/WC). They are suitable for up to 8 persons.
Professional riding courses are offered in our 15 x 35 m indoor riding arena and on riding fields. Of course, there is also the possibility of guided rides in the beautiful pre-Pomeranian forests and the Bodden. On our farm there are horses from Shetty to big horses. Summer and winter they are gladly ridden by our guests. It is possible to bring your own horse.
Our pavilion, which has been faithfully restored, is suitable for small social gatherings for up to 35 people and is the central place for our guests to stay and communicate.
The farm is located 1.5 km from the resort. During our farm tours (farm safari) you will learn interesting facts about dairy cattle and agriculture.
- FN certified vacation farm, FN certified trail riding station, FN certified horse keeping and FN certified breeding farm.
- Lungeing lessons: for children, beginners, re-starters by individual arrangement.
- Individual lessons
- Group lessons for up to 5 persons per group
- Day rides with max. 5 persons, own horse or rental horse/school horse
- carriage rides from 1 up to 5 persons are offered
- special features: Specials for e.g. for families & children, riders with your own horse.
- 10 ponies from 1 m to 1.55 m of the breeds: Lewitzer, Shettland pony
- 8 rabbits, 3 guinea pigs, 1 cat and 1 dog directly on the farm and various cows and calves in the immediate vicinity are happy to be petted.
- Indoor riding arena: one indoor riding arena; dimensions 15m x 28m with sand structure floor.
- Riding arena with dimensions 20x40m and jumping material, grass
- Special features: Support staff, pets by arrangement, restaurant nearby, bathing and shopping facilities available nearby.
- Guest horse stalls in the stable: 7 stalls, 3,30m x 3,30m, straw as bedding
- Guest horse pasture: 4 pastures from 1.500m² to 7.500m², strand and smooth wire as fencing material
- Fodder for guest horses: hay, beets, muesli, 2xtäglich, self-drinker
- in-house riding & driving trails: 8 cross-country routes from 5km to 30km, from 2h to 8h, forest paths, sandy paths and field, natural jumps, water at the Bodden Baltic Sea
- Arrival and departure services: Pick up from the train station (stop Velgast)