The town hall of Sassnitz - a place with history.
On November 2, 1908, the municipal council of Sassnitz made the decision "to acquire the property next to the post office up to Doctorweg (today Schult-Kruse-Straße) ... for the construction of a warm bath and community center". Built according to the plans of the Berlin architect Gustav Bähr on this site and from May 1, 1910 domicile of the mayor and the bath director. Until the 60s of the 20th century it was possible to take baths in the town hall. To supply the tub baths, a pumping station pressed lake water into a tank in the attic. After that, it was and still is exclusively the seat of the mayor and the city administration.
With German unification, the entire historic old town area, including the town hall, became an urban development area. The reconstruction of the town hall was envisaged. Unfortunately, not all parts of the building could be included in the reconstruction. In September 2003, the city council, the city administration and the residents were able to take possession of their city hall again in its old and new splendor.