the small, fine event location for locals and guests
Cultural and artistic enjoyment for residents and guests of Waren.
Readings, theater evenings, concerts and a variety of artistic performances can be experienced in the accessible hall on the upper floor of the Haus des Gastes. Tickets and the current program are available on site and online at Reservix under this link : www.haus-des-gastes-waren.reservix.de/events
- January 27, 2023 "The Book of Dreams", New Year's Concert with Jaspar Libuda, five-string double bass, live electronics, loop station.
- February 17, 2023 "Whoever wants to go through my life must go through my room...", musical-literary evening with Ursula Kurze on the writer, playwright, director and lyricist Thomas Brasch
- March 1, 2023 "Sei gegrüßt und lebe...", Brigitte Reimann and Christa Wolf, a friendship in letters, staged reading with Inga Bruderek, location: Museum of City History
- March 31, 2023 "Longing" cheeky-romantic texts and emotional songs with the KIECK-Theater
- April 28, 2023 Matthias Brenner in "The Drunkard" by Hans Fallada, play
- June 9, 2023 MEHR ALS WIR - acoustic world music, pop, jazz with guitar (Mattthias Ehrig) and trombone (Andreas Uhlmann)
- June 30, 2023 "Intoxication and crash - the German 20s", musical-documentary revue with Silke Gonska and Frieder W. Bergner
- July 21, 2023 Concert with Ensemble EXPROMPT, virtuoso sound art from Petrosavodsk with Domra, Balalaika, Bass-Balalaika and Bajan
- 28 July 2323 Opera with a difference "Nabucco" with Richard Vardigans
- Aug. 4, 2023 Theater Buffo, Berlin, "Schiller's collected works in 90 minutes".
- Aug. 18, 2023 Opera with a difference "Carmen" with Richard Vardigans
- Sept. 8, 2023 Concert with Malte Viefs Kammer, creative and innovative chamber music with Malte Vief (guitar), Thomas Fleck (violin)
- Sept. 22, 2023 Opera with a difference "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg" with Richard Vardigans
- October 27, 2023 Moments musicals - Great moments of French + Francophile composers, with Susanne Catherine Hollmach (voice) and Frédéric Mirjolet (piano)
- November 10, 2023 "Versuch von Liebe - Wär schön gewesen", Brigitte Reimann + Siegfried Pietschmann, theater evening with Inga Bruderek and Harald Polzin
- November 17, 2023 Hauke Ströh - solo piano, coolpop, nuanced angejazzt
- December 13, 2023 Benefit reading from the series LESEZEICHEN! "Warener read for Warener"
The GALLERY in the Haus des Gastes presents regularly changing ART EXHIBITIONS.
- March 3 to April 30, 2023 "Calligraphic Compositions - Retrospectives" by Bianka Wilckens.
- May 5 to July 9, 2023 "near and far II" by Kerstin Borchardt
- 15 July to 10 September 2023 Art connects - exposition of Polish & Bulgarian artists from Suwalki and Gorna Orachovitsa
- 19 September to 2 December 2023 "Augenblick" Graphic art by female artists in and from Mecklenburg
The exhibitions are open to the public during the opening hours.
October - April Mon - Fri: 10:00-18:00 / Sat: 10:00-15:00 Sundays & holidays: closed.
May - September daily 10:00-18:00 hrs
For a relaxing break in between, you are welcome to take a seat in our reading room, which is a welcome place of rest during the opening hours of the house, especially on lively summer days.
The historic building directly on the market square houses the Waren (Müritz) Information with the accommodation service on the ground floor next to the Löwenapotheke. Here you can also get information and tickets for the events in the house.
History of the house
This listed half-timbered house was built at the end of the 18th century on massive medieval remains of older houses. It housed the first pharmacy in the city, the Löwenapotheke. Many prominent citizens of the town lived here, such as Mayor Schlaaff, who did many good things for the town during his tenure from 1866 to 1899. Among other things, Waren was connected to the railroad network during his term, from which the town benefits to this day.
Furthermore, Apotheker Horn lived in this house, who donated an elementary stock of books for the grammar school library, for example. In 1885, Friedrich Hennecke acquired the pharmacy, and his son Hans Hennecke, later the Social Democratic Minister of Finance of the Free State of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, was credited with the grenade impact that misguidedly punched a hole in the New Town Hall during the Kapp Putsch in 1920, where it can still be seen today. Before its extensive renovation, the building housed several apartments and was home to the city information office. Since its reopening in 2001, the Haus des Gastes has been the central contact point for guests and residents of the town. You can learn more about the history of the town in the Town History Museum, which is located in the historic town hall across the street.