Since 1837, the Wiethagen tar shelling plant has existed on the southern edge of the Rostock Heath with the only historical functioning tar shelling furnace.
In 1993, the association of friends and supporters of the Forst- und Köhlerhof e.V. took over the farm. Today it is a popular destination for families, school classes and tour groups in the region.
- Forestry and tar burner museum with a permanent exhibition of areas of the Rostock Heath used for military purposes.
- Wood gas powered wheel tractor
- Fairytale forest with guided tours
- Sculpture park with guided tours and stories from Rostock Heath
- Miniature model trail with models of furnaces for charcoal and tar production
- Forestry and nature trail, old stone oven for baked apple and bread roll production
- roofed fireplace "Grillpilz
- "hunting lodge" and "potato cellar" for festivities
- children's playground
- Green classroom