St. Mary's Church in Poseritz is the parish church of the Protestant parish of Poseritz
The construction of St. Mary's Church began after 1300. First, the nave was built, later, around 1450, the chancel was added to the east and the tower to the west. In the 18th century the church received furnishings appropriate to that time. The altar dates from 1703 from the workshop of Jacob Freese, the pulpit was built in 1753. As in many churches on the island of Rügen, there is also a confessional. During an interior restoration in the 1930s, the galleries were largely removed. From 1986 to 1993 the church could not be used. In 1988 a basic renovation began, which cost about 1.2 million DM until 1993. The roof trusses and roofs over the nave and choir had to be renewed, the statics of the church were secured, and the masonry was renovated. The tower was secured in its stability by steel anchors and the dome was re-shingled with oak. The church now awaits interior renovation, which is difficult to accomplish given the financial situation of the parish. Alternating between Poseritz and Swantow, services are held Sundays fortnightly at 10:00 am.