The Town Hall of Greifswald dates back to the 14th century and is located in the center of the Hanseatic City of Greifswald. The tourist information office of the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald is located in the town hall arcades.
First mentioned in 1349, the town hall on Greifswald's market square has been rebuilt and reconstructed several times over the centuries. The foundation walls of the town hall probably date back to around 1250. The town hall received its bright oxblood red paint during the last extensive renovation in 1997. The former council chamber of the baroque building is now one of the most beautiful wedding halls in the region. The town hall is the seat of the Lord Mayor of the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald and is located in the center of the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald.