Arrangement of vacation accommodation, sale of brochures and souvenirs, arrangement of guided tours of the historic old town and guided tours of the region, Krummes Haus, Kunsthaus, Warnowschifffahrt, Miniaturstadt, Wasserwanderrastplatz, open-air swimming pool at Rühner See, boat and bicycle rental, advance ticket sales.
Bützow, in the ancestral land of the Obotrites, is a small town with a great past. It was first mentioned in a document in 1229 and for centuries was the capital of the bishopric of Schwerin. Bützow was once the seat of a bishop, a university town and the seat of a criminal college. Wilhelm Raabe created a lasting literary monument to the town with his novella "The Geese of Bützow", based on the goose war fought between the magistrate and the citizens. The ensemble of the market square with the town hall built in 1849 in Tudor style and the collegiate church built in the 13th century, which was declared a monument of national importance in 2007, is of cultural-historical charm. In the Krummen Haus, steeped in history, the visitor encounters history in stories, letters and numbers, facts and myths, united as a friendly coexistence of the local history museum, the library and the documentation on the political abuse of the penal system in Bützow. Attracting locals and guests alike is the leisure and family park located in a beautiful park area with the Bützow miniature town, a cypress maze and a great children's playground. 145 replicated buildings, ramparts, streets and waters show the old town of Bützow in the years between 1850 - 1900.
Other special offers are the changing art exhibitions in the Kunsthaus, readings, concerts, cinema screenings and culinary offers in for example: Krummen Haus, Galeriecafé Stine or Kultursalon des PferdemarktQuartier e.V..
additionally in the ice pavilion at the old harbor in Bützow:
- Friday: 13:00 - 18:00 hrs.
- Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00 o'clock
- Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00 o'clock