The almost 40 meter high steeple of the Dargun parish church greets its guests from afar.
The fieldstone building from the transitional period from Romanesque to Gothic was first mentioned in 1178 and was called Kirche zu Röcknitz until 1854. The nave was added to the early Gothic fieldstone choir in the 15th century and it was not until 1753 that the church and tower received their present appearance. The church and tower were renovated between 2002 and 2004. The valuable organ from 1860 is a work of the organ builder Lütkemüller.