The mill house in Tessin today houses the town information center.
The mill house is the oldest preserved half-timbered house in Tessin at the Old Market. After the great town fire of 1741, this house had also burned down, but was rebuilt only one year later. The mill house continued to be inhabited for almost 250 years before it was sold to the town. After an extensive renovation in 1993, all the old components were preserved or restored to their original form. The building has been a listed building since 1994.
- a wedding room worth seeing,
- the "Heimatstube" (local history room) (household items from grandmother's time, historical pictures, tools from Tessin's time as a farming town) and
- the Ticino Information Center.
According to an old superstition, a symbolic mill was walled into the gable of the house to protect against witches and evil spirits. A magical sign from which the ghosts and witches were supposed to retreat in case they wanted to take up their unlucky homes in the house. It is worth a visit!
- Wed, Sat 9am-12pm
- Tue, Thu-Fri 9-12, 14-17 hrs