The village of Venz on the island of Rügen is mentioned for the first time as a knight's seat in a document from St. Mary's Church in Stralsund in 1486. The oldest known owners are named as the von Raleke family.
In 1563 Jürgen von Platen auf Granskevitz acquired the manor by exchange. The manor house was built at the end of the 16th century by order of Georg von Platen, incorporating an older building. At the end of the 17th century the manor house received the gable, the gable roof as well as the two dwarf houses. In Venz, Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher (1742-1819) spent vacations on his sister's farm in his youth. In 1924 Eduard Berger acquired the manor from the von Platen family, he remained the owner until the expropriation in 1945. Subsequently, the manor house served as a residence for several families, at times it also housed the council of the municipality and cultural rooms. Since the 1970s it stood empty for many years until it was bought back by the family of the last owner in 1996. Today, the manor house and the estate are once again the center of an agricultural business and have been gradually restored in accordance with the preservation order.