The Dummerstorf manor house is one of the oldest manor houses in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and is a listed building.
The Dummerstorf manor house was built in the Baroque style from 1714 to 1717. From 1910 it was modernized by the American Enrique Gildemeister. Granaries, farm workers' houses, farm barn, horse stable, cowshed and barn (both blown up in 1981 for residential blocks) were built or renovated. In 1933, the Nazis took over the estate and the Institute for Animal Breeding Research moved in.
Since 2007, the complex has been in the hands of the current owners, who are renovating the house in close coordination with the Office for the Protection of Historical Monuments according to building biology principles. Cultural events are held in the manor house.