The Krummen Haus Bützow houses the local history museum, the town library and a documentation on the political abuse of the penal system in Bützow.
The Krumme Haus is one of the oldest buildings in Bützow at all. It dates back to the 15th century, but was partly built over previous buildings from the 14th century. The Krumme Haus was part of the bishop's castle complex, was used as a farm building and later as a horse stable before far-reaching internal alterations made it the home of the university library of the local Fridericiana in 1772. In the 20th century, the Crooked House was used for residential purposes before it was extensively renovated for two years in 1998.