Guided tour with Dr. Angela Pfennig, Participation: 6 Euro
Semlow was mentioned in documents for the first time in 1320. From the end of the 14th century until 1945 the place was the headquarters of the von Behr family.
The central part of the two-story manor house was built around 1825 according to the plans of the Strelitz court architect F. W. Buttel (1796-1869) by order of the then owner, Carl August von Behr-Negendank (1791-1827), in the classicist style.
Ulrich Carl August Graf von Behr-Negendank (1826-1902), who was educated through his travels and artistic, created one of the most magnificent examples of landscape beautification in Vorpommern around 1850. He was able to win none other than the garden artist Gustav Meyer (1816-1877) from the Prussian court garden directorate Sanssouci for the elaboration of the landscape gardening plans.
The Semlow Park, which was open to the public from the very beginning in the spirit of the Enlightenment, still impressively shows the diversity of Meyer's landscape garden art with its long deep features, moving terrain, expansive tree backdrops and reflecting water surfaces.