In one hour through 300 years of Mecklenburg history.
This permanent exhibition shows and preserves a piece of the state's cultural heritage.
Since March 2014, the Mecklenburg Foundation has been displaying its most attractive collection objects in the "Bel Etage" of the Schleswig-Holstein-Haus zu Schwerin.
Get to know Mecklenburg in our themed rooms:
- Rural, residential and seaside towns: life in ducal times
- Nature and people as reflected in art, music and literature
- Estate farming and everyday life on the flat land
- From sailing ships to freight traffic on the world's oceans
- Revolution and first democratic attempts
- On the run: Migration from and to Mecklenburg
- The Land in the "Cold War"
- Diverse Togetherness: Mecklenburg cross and queer
The Mecklenburg Foundation has been able to gather, inventory, preserve and present to the public a diverse collection.
Visit us and experience culture and history.
We are also happy to offer you a guided tour.
Call us at +49 385 77883820.
The work of the Mecklenburg Foundation is supported by the Ministry of Science, Culture, Federal and European Affairs of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.