The lighthouse Timmendorf is one of the landmarks of the island Poel and one of the oldest still operating lighthouses from the 19th century.
Visitors coming from the sea first see the lighthouse of Timmendorf. The lighthouse was first put into operation in 1871 and extended to its current height (21 m) in 1931. As a signal generator at the entrance to the seaport of the Hanseatic city of Wismar, the lighthouse is still of great importance for the increasing shipping traffic. A second, smaller "lighthouse" is situated in the west of Gollwitz, in the north of the island of Poel.