Cape Arkona Lighthouses
Cape Arkona's lighthouses are two sea-fires and a beacon pointing the way for seafarers on the Baltic Sea.
The Schinkel Tower was built in 1826/29 and is today a museum and registry office (wedding hotline: +4938391 4000), the round tower is still in operation. It was built in 1902 and is 35 m high. The brickwork tapers upwards and gives the tower a slim appearance. The third tower at the cape is an outdated Navy bearing tower, where there is an exhibition of the Rügen Museum of Prehistory and Early History. The viewing platform offers a fantastic view of the coastal area.