St. Mary's Church, Waren
Evangelical Lutheran parish St. Mary's
The church is made up of the "Feldsteinchor" (fieldstone chorus), its sacristy and the nave. The Feldsteinchor (consisting of the remains of the castle chapel built there before 1225) and the slit-shaped windows (round arched windows) of the sacristy indicate the Romanesque period. The nave is built in brick Gothic style.
In 1789 the vaulted pillars were removed, leaving the Gothic exterior of the church unchanged. Since 1995, the tower has had a viewing platform at a height of 45 m, which can be reached via stairs (176 steps). The tower itself is 54 m high.