Climate-Friendly Meetings in MV
Green meetings with the Forest Share
MeetMV gets involved in climate protection – environmental friendly meetings and conventions.
By supporting the climate forest with buying so called forest shares and planting new trees, the Meeting- and Incentivepool MeetMV is addressing environmentally conscious meeting planner and organizer.
On the website www.waldaktie.de you also have the opportunity to contribute to the climate forest and therewith to compensate the CO2-emissions of your meeting in MV.
One forest share costs you €10 and incorporates the following features:
- Planting local trees and creating climate forests
- Absorption of nearly 900 kg carbon dioxide
- Representation of this area on the internet
The following 2 scenarios demonstrate typical meeting situations in MV:
Scenario 1: “meeting”
- Arrival distance 50km by train
- Meeting and evening event, without an overnight stay
There will be a carbon dioxide emission of about 17kg per meeting participant.
Scenario 2: “congress”
- Arrival distance 250km by middle-class car
- Congress, excursion and evening program, with 3 overnight stays in a 4*- hotel
There will be a carbon dioxide emission of about 162kg per congress participant.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Environment and Consumer Protection of the state and the Tourism Association of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern finance the forest share project.