Village church from the late 18th century with characteristic bell tower and carved interior by amateur artist.
The Matzlow village church was consecrated in 1789, after the previous church building had been destroyed in the Thirty Years' War. A characteristic feature of today's half-timbered church is the relatively large, three-story bell tower, which was added later. Carvings by the amateur artist Gerda Schefe from Schwerin decorate the entire interior. These were created in the early 1990s and have been on permanent loan to the Matzlow church ever since.