With its five exhibitions and 46 aquariums, the OZEANEUM Stralsund invites you on an extraordinary underwater journey beneath the northern seas. Visit Humboldt penguins on the roof terrace, "Niki" the female sand tiger shark in the 2.6-million-litre pool "Open Atlantic" and the giants of the sea - real life replicas of whales.
Dive down without getting wet - that is possible in the OZEANEUM Stralsund. Scientific exhibitions have been combined with breathtaking aquariums. Particularly impressive is the world's largest exhibition on whales with replicas of the sea giants in their original size, e.g. a 26 m long blue whale. In addition to the permanent exhibitions, the "Sea for Children" adventure area invites visitors to play and linger in a dune landscape with a lighthouse slide. On the neighboring roof terrace is a spacious penguin enclosure with a panoramic view of Stralsund's old town.
A unique feature is the thematic route through the northern seas with 50 aquariums, some of them huge. Through the 50 m² panoramic glass of the largest tank, the view opens up to various shark and ray species as well as silvery shimmering shoals of mackerel. In Europe's largest Baltic Sea exhibition, exciting insights into the habitat of grey seals, sea eagles or the tiny plankton await museum guests.
Offers for families:
- Family discount
- Audio guide with special tours for children and visually impaired guests
- Sea for kids" experience area, multimedia and hands-on stations for children throughout the museum
- Free trading cards for searching, learning and playing
- Nursing and diaper-changing rooms
- Elevators for strollers
- Borrowable buggies
- Free baby carriers on request
- No waiting in line for pregnant women
- Free admission for children with the Discoverer Pass MV