The Heinrichsruh manor house has been home to the Künstlerhaus Vorpommern since 2000. From May to October, concerts, readings and exhibitions are held, among other things.
Built in 1752-1756 as the retirement residence of the Prussian War and Domain Councillor Ch. L. Henrici, the listed Baroque three-winged complex with courtyard of honor is characterized by its half-timbered construction as well as access avenue with partly 250-year-old yew trees, a French-style garden with peacocks and the remains of a hunting park.
Originally, there was also a glassworks on the premises. The house of the master glassmaker is still preserved today.
The ensemble has been restored since 1997, and the park of about 3 hectares has been restored. The manor house and the side wings have housed the Künstlerhaus Vorpommern with exhibition rooms, studios and guest rooms since 2000. Worth seeing is the garden hall in the manor house, extensively painted by Claudia Hauptmann, where concerts, readings, exhibitions, etc. take place from May to Oct.
Guided tours spontaneously or by appointment: 039778 20607