The Bartholomew Chapel dates back to 1349 and today it houses a clubhouse of the Lutheran Church.
A small peculiarity of the town of Parchim can be found in the Mittelstraße - the Bartholomew Chapel. This was donated in 1349 in gratitude for being saved from the plague and is thus an impressive witness to Parchim's town history. It, which used to be called the "Old Church", has experienced a varied history. The Gothic brick building was used as a church until about 1560. After the Reformation, it served as a poorhouse, and in 1829 it was sold to a grain merchant and served as a storehouse. Around the turn of the century, the building was established as a "hostel to the homeland". Since 1918 the chapel has been a Protestant clubhouse.