Healing power from nature... From time immemorial, people learned about the soothing and healing effects of plants and made use of them.
In 1240, the profession of pharmacist was separated from that of doctor. From then on, it was the pharmacists who took care of the cultivation of medicinal plants in the gardens under their care and preserved this valuable treasure of knowledge. In Gnoien this old tradition was revived, here Marlene Noeske initiated the first and so far only pharmacist garden in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- On 200 square meters a total of
- 90 medicinal plants with information on medicinal use, active ingredients and botany can be found.
- There is a southern slope with rock garden character
- a dry stone wall
- a lush garden bed for humus lovers
- shady places for early bloomers
- Guided tours, lectures, readings, advice
"To create a garden is like a small creation - with your own thoughts and your own doing. To work in it means to be connected with it, to be in the middle of the miracle of nature itself. Tending the garden gives me a sense of the earthy, of being part of God's great creation. Where else but in a medicinal plant garden can I combine my love of pharmacy and nature in such an ideal way?" says pharmacist Marlene Noeske.
- Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sat 9.00-11.00 or by appointment